Once more Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying: “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding banquet for his son. He sent his slaves to call those who had been invited to the wedding banquet, but they would not come.” Matthew 22:1-3
The invitations were sent. The king and groom are waiting. The banquet is prepared. Let the party begin! Our Bible story this week is a bride’s nightmare—a wedding with guests who decide not to come. You can read the whole story in Matthew 22:1-14.
Who would turn down the invitation to a king’s party? Who would refuse to wear the party clothes given by the king? Who would reject the chance to spend time with the Lord?
If we are honest, that could be us. Watch this short and thought-provoking video The Invitation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh_KAJ3pU98
Think about what God’s invitation to you might be.
• Come to the meal which I have prepared for you—Holy Communion. I promise to meet you in those things you can touch, taste, and see.
• Spend time with me—reading the Bible or listening in prayer. I love you and long to fill you with peace.
• Say no to some of the things taking over your life. I want to give you rest and joy.
• Relax. I already saved the world. Just lean on me.
• I have come that you may have life and have it abundantly. Enjoy the gifts and party of my kingdom.
• Come to worship. I promise where two or three are gathered, I will be there too.
• Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.
What is God’s invitation to you today? Who needs to hear the invitation from God that they are welcome in God’s Kingdom?